Namaskar to all
Date of creation of the room: 15 / 01 / 2020, Wednesday
About the room:
Ragamalika (pronounced rāgamālika) is the chatroom (linked to Music Fans SE) dedicated to the music of India with priority given to Indian classical music.
- Discussions on the theoretical and technical aspects of Indian classical music.
- Discussions on other genres of the music of India, other than Indian classical music.
- Music appreciation and learning
- As a part of vocal/instrumental training purposes, sharing of vocal/instrumental recordings are allowed here.
- Presentation of one’s own work is allowed here (both vocal and instrumental).
- Discussions on questions on the main site under the tags (indian-classical), (raga) and (filmi) are allowed here.
- This room is not for any one person’s personal entertainment.
- Unnecessary comments and unnecessary starring (“star as interesting”) of a post are to be strictly avoided.
Do not star posts if they don’t add anything educational/new in line with the purpose of the chatroom. Room owners will remove stars found to be “noise”.
- Discussions on other music genres which does not come under the music of India will not be allowed here. It can be done in other rooms of Music Fans SE.
- Discussions on how to formulate answers to questions posted on the main site are not allowed here.
- Do not flood the room with your content. If you presented one of your own works, take permission from a room owner before sharing any more samples.
- Unnecessarily pinging users for no good reason will be viewed as indisciplined behaviour. Room owners can and will kick diruptive users out of the room.